Thursday, February 26, 2009

Welcome to the Challenge!

Are you up for it??

The Calyco Healthy Challenge is a list of things to help us be more mindful of how we practice self-care.
If you've attended any of my classes, you know I don't like lots of RULES, so I'd like to refer to these as more of a 'guideline' (to quote Pirates of the Carribean).

How does it work?? See the listing on the right? Each day you have the choice of how many points you you want to earn. You can earn up to 20 points per day. This is on the honor system because of course, there are no "Calyco Police" to make sure you are telling the truth.
I would suggest making yourself a copy of the challenge list to hang on your bathroom mirror, fridge, or where ever you feel it would help you to stay on track.

As we go along, we may end up adding more points for certain things, and less for others. That will depend on feedback from you as to what you think deserves more or less points. And depending on how it goes, we may end up having some kind of prizes for those who consistently rank up there in the over 16 points per day category (besides the obvious gifts of self-discipline, self-love, and self-confidence).

This blog will be here to help keep you accountable and to have online friends to check in with.
Feel free to pass this on to your friends as well, or consider getting a buddy to do this with. You can begin at any time-like I said, this blog will be here for you, whenever YOU make the commitment.

Personally, I will officially begin my "mindful self-care journey" (a.k.a. Calyco Healthy Challenge) on Monday, March 2nd. I'm not going to put a ton of pressure on myself, but I will do the best I can to score points each day--please join me! Let's all do this together, it will be such fun, not to mention, we will be so fit for summer!

9 comments:

  1. Carolyn:

    So often I have looked at all the self-help, diet offers online and think I should participate. But, this is first one I feel I can LIVE with. Thank you, I look forward to the challenge and feedback from others.

    Sylvia H.
    Boulder City, NV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carolyn, for a fun way to do what we all know we should! It will be fun to exchange ideas and stories!!
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok,I've started the challenge, where is everybody at?! Am I on the wrong page or what? There doesn't seem to be a lot of "followers", I posted my daily list on the mirror. But I think that I'm down to -10!! I don't know if this is going to be "fun to exchange ideas and stories" like Loretta said.

    I didn't mean to, but I ate a whole (almost whole) ok, "whole" bag of sour cream potato chips. I haven't had those for a couple of months, I promise! (see I'm being honest!) I just totally downed them! So I guess I can't check off, or get a star for "not eating any fried foods", etc. There's more, but I'll stop. (maybe I better do some integration, ya think?!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just read the above post, and it's kind of negative, it's probably because that person just ate all of those sour cream potato chips and her mind isn't working at "optimum" speed, or level.
    But in the morning, things are going to be great and I will be all tuned up (?)
    But if someone doesn't start posting, it's going to get really lonely! (that would be so sad, wouldn't it. lol!)
    I am not going to be a negative -10, again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, this is Thursday morning, I think I get some points, I'm so glad that I've taken a turn for the better. I'm going to stay away from the sour cream potato chips!! I'M ON MY WAY!! But it looks like I'm kind of on my way, by myself. Where is everybody?!?!

    This is like my very own blogspot! Carolyn is probably rolling her eyes, thinking, someone else "please" post and get the "potato chip" lady off!

    Everyone out there, (whoever you are!) have a grateful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So for the first time since last week, I finally accomplished getting enough sleep! It felt wonderful! Yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure I did NOT stay away from the sugar on the road trip. Whoops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that these Calyco "people" were all suppose to kind of stick together. Carolyn, maybe they are all going to those WeightWatcher meetings instead! Oh my gosh! that's probably what they are doing, theyre all checkin' out the new little "hunger monster" that is on the commercials. That's what got em'. Someone INTEGRATE Fast!!!!!

    Jen, it sounds like you should have taken your mother-in-law on the road trip with you, so she could have "INTEGRATED"! that sugar right out of you!!! lol! love you.

    Jen and Emily, could you please write more than "1" line?!?! Carolyn is going to start, (if she hasn't already!) wondering why she has this blog for Kendra to "vent" on.
    Please don't make me go to those other "meetings".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Kendra, you are hilarious! My gratitude points just shot up for the laughs you are giving me! I am pregnant, and recently that sugar/junk food thing has been coming after me too! But I AM doing good on the water this week. Yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete